What is useful amaranth
• The plant contains trace elements (phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium), unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins C, D, E, group B.
• Due to the content of lysine (essential amino acid), amaranth improves collagen synthesis, muscle condition.
• On the nutritional value of protein, the plant surpasses many cereals.
• Amaranth helps to oxygenate the tissues of the body, thanks to squalene. This element also keeps youth, improves immunity, fights against cancer cells.
• Amaranth is a source of pectin, which protects the liver from toxins, reduces cholesterol in the blood, cleanses the body from free radicals and salts of heavy metals.
• The oil obtained from the plant helps with skin damage: cuts, bites, eczema, burns, bedsores.
• Leaves can be used for the prevention of osteoporosis and the formation of cancer cells, the normalization of metabolism.
• Amaranth is recommended for diseases of the organs of vision: cataracts, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, night blindness.
• The sap of the plant is taken orally for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system: chronic bronchitis, asthma, and tuberculosis.
The use of amaranth in cooking
Almost all parts of the plant are suitable for food: stems, leaves, seeds. Young leaves can be added to hot dishes, salads and soups. Also from them prepare vitamin-protein paste. From fresh or dried leaves in combination with the seeds make tea. Amaranth can be mixed with boiling in the ratio of 2: 1, then brew. From seeds of a plant cook tasty porridge. Cold-pressed amaranth oil can be added to salads, pastries, first and second courses, used for frying.
Amaranth flour is especially useful for people who are allergic to gluten. It is added to baking, used for thickening sauces, breading. Bread obtained from a mixture of wheat and amaranth flour does not get stale for a long time.
Amaranth sprouts are very useful. They have a bitter nutty flavor. Sprouts can be added to salads, cereals, soups and sandwiches. For long-term storage, they can be sour as cabbage.
There is amaranth with caution needed by people suffering from bile or urolithiasis, inflammation of the pancreas, biliary tract, gall bladder.
The use of amaranth in food favorably affects the state of all body systems. Due to the unique composition, the plant helps to maintain youth and health.